When an individual decides to take legal action against another person/entity, the first step involved is sending of an official letter/email to warn the offending party of his or her intentions. A legal notice is usually sent when a pre-decided condition was not complied upon as per the terms of the contract signed between the two parties. For example, a legal notice can be issued by a landlord to a tenant for non-payment of rent which is breach of the terms specified in the rental agreement. The landlord will then send a legal notice to the tenant to immediately pay the dues or vacate the premises.
ADVANTAGES OF A LEGAL NOTICE
- A legal notice informs the offender about his or her duties that have to be completed as per the contract. The legal notice also lays out the consequences of non-compliance to the offender
- The offending party is informed about the potential litigation that can follow, while giving him or her the opportunity to rectify their error
- Both parties are given an opportunity to resolve the dispute by negotiating between themselves.
- The process of litigation is extremely time consuming. So lots of time both parties go in for a direct settlement to solve the dispute between them.
CHECKLIST TO ISSUE A LEGAL NOTICE
- When the legitimate rights to the property have been denied
- In the case of a bounced cheque
- In the case of personal disputes such as divorce/maintenance/ custody of children
- To execute a specific section of the contract
- If the intellectual property of the rightful owner has been infringed upon
- When an employee of any organization is subject to sexual harassment/cruelty/or any other violation of labour laws in India
- The unlawful termination from employment
- Any payment dispute between a company and its employees/laborers
- The breach of contract by a signatory
CONTENTS OF A LEGAL NOTICE
- A legal notice contains the basic complaints and grievances of the affected party
- The aggrieved party will make his or her allegation on the person addressed or receiver.
- The aggrieved party will lay out his or her solution to the dispute to the offending party
- A legal notice contains the claim of the aggrieved party to solve the current dispute
- A legal notice will explain in detail, the civil and penal consequences, if the rights and claims of the aggrieved party are not fulfilled
Once you get in touch with us at ACE ALLIANCE with your request to send across a legal notice, we will start the process. After our team receives all the details, our expert team of lawyers and attorney will create the legal notice sample and send it across for your reference within 2- 3 business days. The price you pay for these services will includes three rounds of iterations. Therefore, if you need any changes done to the legal notice, our team of lawyers at ACE ALLIANCE will do the needful.