The full form of RCMC is Registration Cum Membership Certificate. This is a mandatory certificate that must be obtained by all firms or companies, who want to apply for the Import Export Code to avail concessions and benefits, under the Foreign Trade Policy (FTP), such as duty drawbacks and duty credit scrips. The RCMC registration is issued by an official government authority. The application for the RCMC certificate is done by the submission of form ANF 2C (Aayat Niryat), to the Export Promotion Council.
An export trader is eligible to be registered under two categories:
- As a merchant exporter
- As a export manufacturer
When an exporter applies for the RCMC, he or she has to declare his or her main line of business to the Exports Promotion Council (EPC).There are a total of 26 Export Promotion Councils and 9 commodities boards across India. The central government has authorized these institutions to issue RCMC to an exporter.
REASONS TO GET A RCMC
- For an exporter to claim export incentives and subsidies under schemes such as MEIS/ ROSCTL/ RODTEP/SEIS/ADVANCE LICENSE/EPCG etc. The RCMC is one of the compulsory documents that are required
- For an exporter to get a letter of undertaking (LUT) under GST for the export of goods without payment of duty
- A merchant exporter can purchase goods which are meant for export from a manufacturer/s at 0.1% GST, instead of the regular GST applicable on the product. A merchant exporter can only avail of this facility if he or she has a RCMC Certificate.
ADVANTAGES OF RCMC REGISTRATION
An exporter gets benefit under two schemes such as the Market Development Assistance (MDA) and the Market Access Initiative (MAI) schemes.
Under these schemes, an exporter is eligible to get subsidies and financial assistance for export promotion activities. This include, participating in trade exhibitions abroad/trade fairs/business delegations/buyer-seller meets organized by respective EPC. The subsidies may include reimbursement of flight charges, concessions on stall charges, etc. For an exporter to be eligible for this benefit, they must hold an RCMC certificate for a minimum of one year.
AUTHORITIES FOR RCMC REGISTRATION
- An exporter can get a RCMC registration from the federation of Indian exporters organizations (FIEO) or a relevant export promotion council (EPC)
- A status holder can get the RCMC registration from the federation of Indian exporters organization (FIEO)
- If an exporter deals with forest produce and value-added products, they have to get the registration of RCMC from Shellac and Forest Products Export Promotion Council (SHEFEXIL)
- An exporter who intends to deal in software has to get himself/herself registered with an electronic and computer software EPC (ESC)
- An exporter who deals with the listed 14 services, has to register with the services EPC whereas an exporter of any other services has to register with FIEO
RCMC APPLICATION PROCESS
For a person to take up membership with the RCMC, he/she must file an application for this registration in the prescribed format. After the trader is admitted as a member, RCMC is given via the concerned Exports Promotion Council (EPC). For one to become a registered manufacturer/exporter, sufficient supporting evidence has to be provided. For a person to obtain a membership to the associate members of EPC, potential/prospective traders have to file the RCMC application. The RCMC application in the prescribed format has to be filled up on the APEDA website. The process for the RCMC application is mentioned below:
- One must sign up through the APEDA website
- An individual has to enter details such as e-mail, IE Code, Mobile Number
- An individual must upload all the relevant documents
- One must pay the required fees for the RCMC registration
- An individual should note down the application number received, on successful payment of the prescribed fees
- An individual can track the application status via the “Exporter Login”
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR RCMC REGISTRATION
- Duly filled and signed Registration-cum-Membership-Certificate application form of the concerned EPC. The applying individual must contact their concerned EPC to get the forms
- The self-certified copy of the IEC Number
- The self-certified copy of Permanent Account Number (PAN)
- The self-certified copy of the company’s MOA This is applicable for Corporate/ Institutional/ Private Limited/ Limited company
- The self-certified copy of the company’s Partnership Deed. This is applicable for Partnership Company/Individual Ordinary
- The self-certified copy of the trust’s Deed. This is applicable for Trusts/ Institutional/ Corporate
- The self-certified copy of the Board Resolution/power of attorney that has been issued in favour of the signing authority. This is if the name of the signing authority has not been mentioned in the IEC/ MOA/ Partnership Deed/ Trust Deed of the company/ firm/ Trust
- The self-certified copy of the GST registration certificate
THE RCMC REGISTRATION FEES (FOR FIEO RCMC REGISTRATION)
The annual (April-March) membership subscription under different categories is mentioned below:
The above fees are exclusive of 18% GST.