OSP LICENSE IN INDIA 2022
A business entity that offers services such as telemedicine/tele-education/tele-trading/call centre services/e-commerce platforms and services/network operation/or other IT enabled services is called the Other Service Provider (OSP). The OSP registration/license needed for such services can be obtained from the Department of Telecommunications (DOT), Government of India. Any company/entity that is eligible to OSP registration in 2022 must be a company registered under the Companies Act, 2013.
THE TWO TYPES OF OSPS IN INDIA
1) Domestic OSP: An other service provider (OSP) that provides application services inside the dominion of India is termed as a domestic OSP.
2) International OSP- An other service provider (OSP) that provides application services beyond the Indian boundaries is termed as an international OSP.
PROCEDURE FOR OBTAINING AN OSP LICENSE IN INDIA 2022
The Registration for OSPs is managed and done by the respective Telecom Enforcement/Resource and Monitoring (TERM) Cells (previously known as VTM Cells) under the Department of Telecom (DoT), that have the jurisdiction in the location/city/town of the OSP/Telemarketing Centre.
The following steps needed to obtain an OSP license in India are stated below:
1) COMPANY INCORPORATION
The first step to get an OSP license is to register the company/organization with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs(MCA) in India.
2) COLLECTION AND UPLOADING OF NECESSARY DOCUMENTS
There are certain documents which are needed to be collated and then uploaded to apply for an OSP license online. A company/organization can apply online for the OSP license by filling up the Form A available on the Saral sanchar website. An applicant can take help from an expert OSP license consultant at ACE ALLIANCE to ensure a smooth application and registration process.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR OSP LICENSE
1) Certificate of Incorporation which is issued by the registrar of Companies.
2) Memorandum of Incorporation and Articles of Association.
3) Board resolution of power of attorney that validates the authorized signatory.
4) A letter about the nature of the business of the company/organization.
5) List of directors in the company/organization.
6) List of the shareholders of the company/organization.
Please note that all these documents have to be attested by the Director, Company Secretary or Public Notary.
HOW CAN AN OSP MAINTAIN OSP REGISTRATION COMPLIANCE?
In order to adhere to the norms of the OSP registration compliance, an OSP has to submit an annual return ”to the Department of Technology(DoT) within 6 months after the completion of a given financial year. The annual return should mention the present status and activities of the OSP. Beside this the OSP should also comply with the terms and guidelines specified by the Department of Technology(DoT) for the OSPs.
GOVT. RELAXES LICENSING NORMS FOR OSPS
15-Mar-2020: In a bid to enable the employees in the Indian (IT/ITes) sector to work from home, the Department of Telecommunications has announced modifications to its Other Service Providers (OSP) licensing norms. The requirement of the security deposit for availing work from home facilities by OSPs in IT/ITes firms has now been exempted in the wake of the Covid-19 outbreak.